Experience has its benefits.
The online Executive MBA track (EMBA) from Merit Business School invites applicants with seven or more years of business experience, three of which were in a managerial role.
The EMBA participants can expect a challenging online learning environment, where they interact and network with other experienced business professionals, while applying their knowledge to real-life business scenarios. A one year MBA option is available, and the minimum time requirement to complete the online MBA degree is 12 months.
To be admitted to the Executive MBA track, students must provide evidence of the following:
- 7 years of business experience, at least 3 of which were in a managerial role.
- A completed Bachelor’s degree from a state-approved and nationally or regionally accredited university, or an international equivalent.
- If the undergraduate degree came from a non-English language institution, students must demonstrate English Language Proficiency. Please see the section on International Students for more information.
Executive MBA students learn online, in their own time and pace, one course at a time. Instruction is asynchronous, which allows students to login at any time and from any location. Students can expect to spend approximately 30 hours per week working on their course in either instruction or outside preparation hours.
- Instruction hours include online work such as: reading the syllabus, lecture notes and other online materials, reading and participating in discussion boards, and reviewing instructor feedback.
- Outside Preparation Hours include off-line work such as: reading the textbook or other reading assignments, searching for outside resources, preparing for tests, completing assignments
A student may start in the program under the online Executive MBA track by enrolling for any of the term start dates–start dates are every 8 weeks. There is a 2-week summer break and a 2-week winter break with no other breaks between courses.
To be awarded the online Master of Business Administration degree in the Executive MBA track, students must complete 36 core program credits with a 3.0 (“B”) minimum cumulative GPA. The core instruction is delivered in six 6-credit hour courses, each lasting 8 weeks.
A one year online MBA option is available. Students who choose to complete only the core graduate business credits can expect to take 12 months to complete the Executive MBA track, provided there is an uninterrupted and normal progression through the program.
To be awarded the optional specialization, students must additionally complete 12 specialization credits with a 3.0 (“B”) minimum cumulative grade point average. For the chosen MBA specialization, they take two additional 6-credit courses, each lasting 8 weeks, within their chosen field.
Available MBA specialization fields are: Accounting, Business Economics, Finance, Global Management, Health Care Management, and Information Systems Management.
Students who choose to add a specialization to their online MBA degree should expect to take a total of 16 months to complete both the core and the specialization courses in the online Executive MBA track, provided there is an uninterrupted and normal progression through the program.
Ready to get started? Complete the Merit MBA application today.