An MBA degree is a sign of success. Are you ready for the challenge?
The Merit MBA is appropriate for individuals who are looking to switch careers or further their education in the business field.
There is no prior business experience required, although most students have a minimum of 3 years of relevant business experience and are currently working. .
To be admitted to the Merit MBA program, students must provide evidence of the following:
- A completed Bachelor’s degree from a state-approved and nationally or regionally accredited university, or an international equivalent..
- If the undergraduate degree came from a non-English language institution, students must demonstrate English Language Proficiency. Please see the section on International Students for more information.
Merit students learn online in their own time and pace. Instruction is asynchronous, which allows students to login at any time and from any location with Internet access. Students can expect to spend approximately 30 hours per week working on their course in either instruction or outside preparation hours.
Admissions are rolling for greater flexibility. Start dates are every 8 weeks. There is a 2-week summer break and a 2-week winter break with no other breaks between courses. Courses begin on Mondays and end on Sundays.
To be awarded the Merit Master of Business Administration degree, students must complete 36 semester credits (9 courses), maintaining at least a 3.0 (“B”) minimum cumulative GPA.
The initial Merit Core is delivered in six courses. Students of all backgrounds get an excellent foundation in business principles. The Core can be taken in any order, although Management Foundations is always the first course in the curriculum:
- MGT 500 Management Foundations
- FIN 510 Accounting for Managers
- FIN 515 Finance for Business Owners
- ORG 522 Organizational Leadership
- MGT 525 Business Law and Ethics
- MKT 530 Marketing and Strategic Innovation
After the MBA Core, students complete a 2-course specialization of their choice (also called a concentration), followed by a final capstone course. Some students choose an internship as part of their specialization. Options include:
- MBA in Management and Leadership (default)
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Information Technology
- MBA in Global Business
- MBA in Healthcare Management
Students should expect to take 16 months to complete both the core and the specialization courses, provided they maintain an uninterrupted and normal progression through the program. But some full-time students can progress more quickly.
Are you ready to advance your career? The Merit MBA can help.